Educational Outcomes Assessment
Sacred Heart Major Seminary engages in assessment of educational goals and outcomes of its degree and diploma programs for the purpose of improvement of programs and services, and to ensure that program goals and outcomes are being met.
Please see our Educational Outcomes Assessment Plan.
Statement of Educational Effectiveness
Sacred Heart Major Seminary prepares priests, deacons, and lay ecclesial ministers for work in the New Evangelization. SHMS provides the following information on institutional effectiveness:
- Graduation and Transfer Rates (IPEDS)
- Completion/Diversity/Retention Rates (IPEDS)
- Placement Information
- Educational Assessment Select Indicators
- Graduates demonstrate an ability to evaluate critically theological issues. [M.A.]
- Graduates demonstrate an understanding of theological methods and principles. [M.Div.]
- Graduates demonstrate an ability to apply intellectual, pastoral, and spiritual formation to a particular issue in a cohesive way. [M.Div.]
- Graduates demonstrate a sound knowledge of Catholic theology [Intermediate Diploma in Diaconal Studies/M.A.P.S. Diaconal Studies concentration]
- 4 Educational Assessment Select Indicators
- MAPS Goals 3 & 4 - Part 1
- MDIV Outcome 1
- Post Test Results 2014-2015 thru 2019-2020
- STL Goal One Data 2011-2019
- Undergraduate Writing Rubric Data
- Additional information can be found on the Consumer Information section of this website.