Course Withdrawal

Withdrawal from a class must be done in writing through the Office of the Registrar. Students who do not officially drop or withdraw from a course will receive a failing grade for that course which is entered on the student’s academic transcript. The last date for withdrawal in a given term is listed on the academic calendar. For financial aid purposes, when a student withdraws from a course, the last date of attendance would be considered the date in which written notification is provided to the Office of the Registrar.


Institutional Withdrawal

Students who wish to permanently discontinue their studies at SHMS must formally withdraw from the institution.  This can be done by sending an email or a letter to the Office of the Registrar, who in turn will notify the Office of Financial Aid.  The student's file will be permanently archived and he or she will not be allowed to register for any further classes.  In the event an institutionally withdrawn student wishes to return to the seminary, he/she must go through the re-admissions process regardless of the elapsed time since his or her attendance.

© 2024 Sacred Heart Major Seminary
All rights reserved