Sacred Heart, located in Detroit, Michigan, has been granted permission from the Congregation for Catholic Education to offer the STL in a “blended” format. Now you can earn the degree online without leaving your home diocese except for a five-week on-campus residency for four summers. This new program is open only to Catholic priests.
“This is a brilliant way to combine new learning with practical application. I highly recommend this program for any priest who is concerned the gospel is not being effectively proclaimed.”
– Fr Joseph Kim, Diocesan Director of Vocations and Diocesan and Director of Evangelization, Diocese of San Jose
How Is the STL Structured?
- One online course per semester
- Four five-week summer term residencies
- Off-site practicum with local supervisor
- Thesis directed by Sacred Heart advisor via Internet
Why Should a Priest Enroll in the STL?
- Solutions for reaching our increasingly secularized culture
- Strong emphasis on Catholic social analysis
- Special attention to family and bioethical issues
- Learn at home on your own schedule
- Limited on-campus requirement in vibrant urban location
- Lively engagement with faith-filled professors
- Excellent preparation for doctoral studies
- Excellent preparation for developing new ministries
- Degree awarded through Pontifical University of St. Thomas (the Angelicum)