Reverend Charles D. Fox earned a Bachelor of Philosophy degree at Sacred Heart Major Seminary in 2002. He completed the M.Div. and STB degrees at Sacred Heart in 2006, followed by an STL in Pastoral Theology at Sacred Heart in 2015. Father Fox then began studies for a Doctorate in Sacred Theology (STD) at the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas, Rome (Angelicum), completing his STD in Dogmatic Theology in 2017.
Father Fox was ordained to the priesthood in 2006. He then served in two parish assignments, as Parochial Vicar at Our Lady of Sorrows Parish, Farmington, MI (2006-07) and in the same position at St. Hugo Parish, Bloomfield Hills, MI (2007-09). He was then appointed as Secretary to Archbishop Allen Vigneron, and served in that assignment from 2009-2013. After four years completing his licentiate and doctoral studies, as well as serving on the seminary’s formation faculty for two years, Father Fox joined the Sacred Heart faculty full-time in 2017 as Director of Graduate Seminarians, Director of the Liturgy, and Assistant Professor of Theology. He also began at that time teaching courses in Homiletics and Sacramental Theology.
Father Fox has served as the weekend assistant at St. Therese Parish in Shelby Twp., MI, since 2017. He has also served as a board member and spiritual director of the St. Paul Evangelization Institute (includes St. Paul Street Evangelization). In recent years, he has also served as a board member of St. Catherine of Siena Academy in Wixom, MI and as spiritual advisor for the Living Faith/Fine Arts Apostolate (The Cross and the Light). He has been a regular contributor to Catholic World Report and Detroit Catholic, and has published articles for academic journals on the subjects of Homiletics, Sacramental Theology, the New Evangelization, and Church History.
Sacred Heart Major Seminary – Detroit, Michigan
July 2013 to June 2015—Resident Formator
July 2017 to Present—Director of Graduate Seminarians, Director of the Liturgy, Assistant Professor of Theology
Archdiocese of Detroit – Detroit, Michigan
Secretary to the Archbishop– June 2009 to July 2013
St. Hugo Parish – Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Parochial Vicar – July 2007 to June 2009
Our Lady of Sorrows Parish – Farmington, Michigan
Parochial Vicar – October 2006 to June 2007
SELECT MINISTERIAL EXPERIENCE
Spiritual and Theological Advisor for the Living Faith Fine Arts Apostolate (LFFAA)–2007 to 2015
- Review of scripts for theological and spiritual content. Work with president-director on script editing.
- Work with president-director on various aspects of developing the production The Cross and the Light (a theatrical presentation of the Stations of the Cross and the Stations of Light).
- Spiritual Advisor and Board Member for St. Paul Street Evangelization (SPSE)—2012 to Present
- Regular assistance to the president of this national apostolate with consultation, advice, and spiritual support.
- Participation in the meetings and deliberations of the SPSE Board of Directors. Spiritual Advisor to the Fishermen’s Fund at Sacred Heart Major Seminary—2006-Present Retreat Master for Madonna University (twice—Lent and Advent)
- Advent Theme: “Waiting for Christ”
- Lenten Theme: “With Mary at the Foot of the Cross” Mission Preacher for 2008 Lenten Parish Retreat
- St. Raphael Parish – Garden City, MI
- Theme: “Suffering: the Path to Glory” Presenter at Pastoral Conference held at St. Francis Parish, Ann Arbor, Michigan--2008
- Theme: “The Beatitudes and the Universal Call to Holiness” Missionary to Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Nova Descoberta, Recife, Brazil—May 2002 (three weeks) Pilgrimage Chaplain for two World Youth Days
- Toronto (2002) and Sydney (2008)
- In 2021, Archbishop Vigneron appointed Fr. Fox as the Vice Rector of Sacred Heart Major Seminary.