You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA to be considered for federal and state student aid programs. Federal aid is awarded through the U.S. Department of Education to eligible students. The Sacred Heart Financial Aid Application is required.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- have a high school degree or GED
- be registered with Selective Service if you are male
- have a valid Social Security Number
- not have been convicted of a drug offense
- must be enrolled in an eligible degree program
- must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress
- must not be in default on a federal student loan and do not owe a refund on a federal student grant.
Enrollment Credit Range Chart
|Less than half-time
Learn more about federal and state aid programs by clicking on the links below:
Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant. This is a limited funded federal program for undergraduate students who have the most need as determined by your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and are Pell eligible. Due to the limited funding received at Sacred Heart, the award amounts are from $100 to $200 per year. Just like Pell, this grant does not have to be repaid.