Credits to be transferred must represent work that is applicable to the student’s course of study. Credits must represent work which is substantially equivalent in quality and quantity to the work for which it is to be substituted at SHMS.

Courses must come from an ATS and/or a regionally accredited institution with a grade or C (2.0) or better to qualify for transfer credit. Transfer credits will be recorded on the student’s transcript with the grade TR. The student’s GPA will not be affected.

Each degree and diploma program has a specific number of credits that must be earned in residency at SHMS. Students should consult the applicable degree or diploma program for residency requirements.

It is the responsibility of the student to authorize and request academic records and transcripts to be sent to SHMS. Official transcripts are required for transfer.

For military personnel, an official Joint Services Transcript (JST) can be requested by clicking here.