You are here
Academic Support Services
Sacred Heart Major Seminary has partnered with Tutor.com, the world’s largest and highest-rated online tutoring company, to provide academic support to our students. The service is available 24/7 and can be accessed from any mobile or desktop device.
Here are some key features:
- Tutor.com is a service of The Princeton Review and has over 4,000 tutors who will provide one-on-one tutoring sessions to Sacred Heart students the moment they need help.
- Tutor.com tutors come from a wide variety of backgrounds and have undergone a rigorous vetting process to demonstrate expertise in a subject area.
- Sacred Heart students can request help with a variety of academic subject areas such as math, science, humanities and social sciences. Assistance is also available for English composition and writing.
- In addition to assistance with academic subjects, students can get help to improve study skills, such as note-taking, time management, and study strategies.
- Career services are also available, with assistance provided in résumé writing, interview prep and job searches.
- Students will connect to a live expert tutor via the Tutor.com web interface inside Canvas, our online learning management system.
How It Works:
Step 1: Sign in to your Canvas course, click on the “Tutor.com 27/7” link
Step 2: Type in the questions from your assignment or homework that you need help with,
Step 3: Click on "Connect Now" – and you will be connected to a live, expert Tutor in 60 seconds or less.
Students who use this service overwhelmingly love it. 95% say that Tutor.com helps them feel more confident and helps to improve their grades.
How do I contact Tutor.com Customer Support?
- Phone: (800) 411-1970 and choose Option 1 (available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM Eastern Time)
- Email: Send an email