St. Anastasia Catholic Church in Troy, Michigan, is seeking a Youth Band Music Minister to plan, organize, and implement a contemporary music ministry program directed to all ages, yet focused on the 15-30 year old demographic. Skills needed include instrumental (preferably guitar) and vocal ability, leadership, self-motivation, flexibility, creativity, pastoral care, and recruitment/retention of youth band members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Youth Band music practices
- Set up for Youth Band Mass
- Prepare/copy worship aids for the Youth Band Mass
- Teen liturgy planning and execution
- Religious education needs (BASIC and EPIC), as requested
- Parish mission or other events
- Create "Praise and Worship" events
- Work weekend retreats (3-4 times per year) at the Youth Minister's discretion
- Other tasks as assigned by the Pastor and/or Parish Catechetical Leader
- Attend staff meetings, staff workshops/development
- Provide support to co-workers and various parish projects as needed
- Identify and take training that will enhance job-required skills
- Practice good stewardship of parish resources, including time, money and energy.
- Two years experience in parish ministry or leadership of youth
- Strong organizational, analytical, technical, anad relational skills
- Compassion and hope
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Vibrant relationship with the Holy Spirit, contagious joy in serving the Lord
- Completion of Protecting God's Children class and background check
- Full participation in the traditions and practices of the Catholic Church
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job properly.
Applicants should submit a resume to Marian Bart at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail per the address below:
Parish Catechetical Leader
St. Anastasia Roman Catholic Church
4571 John R
Troy, MI 48085
Any questions regarding the position may be addressed to Mrs. Bart at 248-689-8380 ext. 108.
Make a difference in the world by working at camp! Judson Collins Center, a United Methodist camping and retreat facility located in the Irish Hills in Onsted, Michigan, is hiring for Summer 2014. The 240-acre wooded site is host to hundreds of young campers during the summer season. Come join their Christian community where people discover who they are in God, grow in their faith, and serve God. The program offers high ropes course, climbing wall, swimming and boating, a working farm and horse program, and traditional camp activities.
The Center seeks to hire students at least 18 years of age who have a growing relationship with God and a passion for ministry. Applicants should have a heart for working with children and youth and a desire to help others grow in their faith.
The Center will be hiring counselors, lifeguards, kitchen staff, a health officer, an assistant director, maintenance staff, and a media coordinator. Learn more about the Center on their website at www.judsoncollinscenter.org.
Salary begins at $200 per week in addition to room and board. For more information, contact the Director, Sarah Ratz, at (517) 467-7711 or Judson.email@example.com.
You will need to fill out an employment application, submit three employment references (preferably one should be filled out by a pastor or youth leader who knows you well), and submit to a criminal records check as well as a DHS Clearance Form. All application forms can be found at http://umccamps.org/pages/detail/1863. All forms should be mailed to the attention of Sarah Ratz, Judson Collins Center, 1000 Hane Hwy., Onsted, MI 49265.