Youth Band Music Minister
St. Anastasia Catholic Church in Troy, Michigan, is seeking a Youth Band Music Minister to plan, organize, and implement a contemporary music ministry program directed to all ages, yet focused on the 15-30 year old demographic. Skills needed include instrumental (preferably guitar) and vocal ability, leadership, self-motivation, flexibility, creativity, pastoral care, and recruitment/retention of youth band members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Youth Band music practices
- Set up for Youth Band Mass
- Prepare/copy worship aids for the Youth Band Mass
- Teen liturgy planning and execution
- Religious education needs (BASIC and EPIC), as requested
- Parish mission or other events
- Create "Praise and Worship" events
- Work weekend retreats (3-4 times per year) at the Youth Minister's discretion
- Other tasks as assigned by the Pastor and/or Parish Catechetical Leader
- Attend staff meetings, staff workshops/development
- Provide support to co-workers and various parish projects as needed
- Identify and take training that will enhance job-required skills
- Practice good stewardship of parish resources, including time, money and energy.
- Two years experience in parish ministry or leadership of youth
- Strong organizational, analytical, technical, anad relational skills
- Compassion and hope
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Vibrant relationship with the Holy Spirit, contagious joy in serving the Lord
- Completion of Protecting God's Children class and background check
- Full participation in the traditions and practices of the Catholic Church
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job properly.
Applicants should submit a resume to Marian Bart at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail per the address below:
Parish Catechetical Leader
St. Anastasia Roman Catholic Church
4571 John R
Troy, MI 48085
Any questions regarding the position may be addressed to Mrs. Bart at 248-689-8380 ext. 108.