Youth and Young Adult Coordinator
Non-Exempt position; reports to Director, Recruitment and Mission Integration.
To draw the spirit and gifts of youth and young adults into the life, works and mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul (at Conference levels) and into the greater works of social justice and charity our Catholic church calls us to. This position would be accountable for planning, developing and implementing programs and projects consistent with the vision and mission of the Society especially as it relates to animating new Youth Conferences and Recruiting new members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration and implementation of Youth and Young Adult recruitment, formation and involvement in SVdP Conference Life, Justice Initiative, Mentoring and related programs. (primarily High School, College, Young families and individuals under the age of 40)
- Assessment of youth and young adult needs in SVdP
- Development of appropriate service projects, recruitment strategies and planned recognition events as part of the Conference Support Department and its goals.
- Development, in cooperation with the Director, Recruitment & Mission Integration and others from the Youth and Young Adult Committee, programs that foster spiritual growth and service opportunities consistent with the vision and mission of the SVdP in Southeastern Michigan and SVdP spiritual resources.
- Implementation and support of SVdP Board policies, personnel practices and administrative procedures at all levels of interactions.
- Organized maintenance of all required program, personnel and administrative forms and records including training programs associated with prevention and risk management especially related to youth.
- Coordinate training and opportunities for involvement for youth and young adults in parish St. Vincent de Paul Conferences, educational settings and other service partnership venues.
- Provide Vincentian Youth Involvement resource and consultation services to parish leadership, vicariate and diocesan organizations, high schools, colleges and universities.
- Promote efforts to draw youth and young adults from different ethnic, racial and economic backgrounds into responsible participation in the life and works of charity and the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, the church and our community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Thorough understanding of the Mission and structure of the Roman Catholic Church, the Archdiocese of Detroit, and the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written including facilitating small and large group presentations.
- Computer skills needed to support communication and outreach efforts.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a variety of diverse people and circumstances
- The ability to remain focused on goals while multi-tasking duties.
- Enthusiasm and ability to animate and engage Youth and Young Adults in the service to God’s poor!
Office held at the Society’s Central Office in Detroit, but is expected to meet throughout the six counties of the Archdiocese with Conferences and Councils of the Society, schools, universities and other organizations whose work is related to the mission, vision and goals of the Society. Some travel required for Regional and National meetings
Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Counseling and/or Youth Ministry or substantial equivalents preferred, along with 1- 2 years Youth and/or Young Adult Ministry experience.
Applicants should send electronic copies of resume and cover letter to Bill Brazier at email@example.com.