Sacred Heart Major Seminary engages in a strategic planning process that calls upon the talents of a broad group of constituents to develop a long-range vision for its work. Our strategic plan is centered on the following initiatives:
- Present for Holy Orders men who are affectively mature, spiritually grounded, intellectually competent, and pastorally prepared to engage in the Church's mission of the New Evangelization.
- Form lay ecclesial ministers, permanent deacons, and others who are spiritually, intellectually, and pastorally prepared for service in the Church.
- Recruit and develop faculty who are highly credentialed and committed to teaching with the mind of the Church and forming students for ministry; to recruit and develop staff that are competent, professional and committed to excellent service.
- Effectively raise and strategically manage our financial resources so that they are sufficient and flexible enough to support seminary programs.
- Identify, recruit, and retain an academically talented student body in keeping with our mission, vision, and core values.
- Maintain and enhance our facilities, equipment, and systems, in order to improve operational effectiveness, respond to growth, and promote a safe environment.
- Offer high-quality alternative delivery academic programs, which are based on our expertise in the New Evangelization, to new and existing markets.
- Improve and increase the image and awareness of Sacred Heart Major Seminary.