Students who have not yet decided on a particular course of study may choose to apply as an unclassified undergraduate student, and matriculate into a course of study at a later date. Students should be aware that a maximum of 12 credits earned as an unclassified student can be applied toward a course of study. At the discretion of the Dean of Studies, students who do not matriculate into a course of study after earning 12 credits may have their admissions status reconsidered.
Auditing a Course
Auditing is defined as sitting in on a lecture course and not actively participating in course discussion. Auditing students are not required to complete coursework or take examinations, although regular attendance is expected; hence, auditing students do not receive grades or academic credit for courses audited. Auditing students must pay the same tuition and fees as students taking the course for credit.
- Online application and $30 admission fee
- Applicants who do not have computer access will be able to complete the application form during their interview.
- Interview with a member of the Admissions Staff
- The purpose of the interview is for the Office of Admissions to learn more about the prospective student’s background and goals and to assist with any questions or concerns. Call (313) 883-8696 to schedule an appointment. Day and evening times are available. Interviews can also be conducted via telephone.
- Official Transcripts
- Applicants must contact each high school, college, or university at which they received academic credit to forward official transcripts. Official transcripts must be mailed or sent electronically directly from the school to SHMS. High school transcripts are required only by those applicants who have not completed any college-level coursework.