Director of Religious Education
Full-time Director of Religious Education needed at St. Clare of Montefalco Parish, 1401 Whittier Road, Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230. Position reports to pastor.
- Supports the pastor and pastoral team in providing opportunities for faith formation for the entire parish community.
- DRE works with the school Principal to coordinate the sacramental programs and celebrations of the sacraments for school age children
- Maintains a collaborative working environment between his/her office, staff and volunteers.
- Serves as liaison to the Archdiocese of Detroit Office for Faith Formation and Catechetics, and to the SERF Vicariate.
- Cooperates with the Archdiocese of Detroit on all policies and procedures regarding catechetical programs and Safe Environments which impact staff, volunteers, and parish programs.
- DRE is a full member of the parish pastoral team and participates in team meetings
- Oversees implementation of the goals and objectives of the parish faith formation programs for all ages in accordance with the vision, goals, and objectives of the parish
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Assists the pastor in an annual evaluation of all formation efforts, the hiring, supervising, and training of religious education employees and volunteers
- Plans, manages and works within the parish faith formation and catechetical budget in cooperation with pastor and business manager.
Religious Education Program Responsibilities
- Recruits, provides training, evaluates and encourages the ongoing development and formation of catechists, and assists them in fulfilling Archdiocesan requirements for catechist certification
- Collaborates with youth and adult program of religious education
- Facilitates and directs programs of preparation for the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation with both parents and children
- Facilitates, plans, and coordinates yearly summer Bible Camp
- In cooperation with the school principal, provides opportunities for sacramental preparation of students who did not receive the sacraments in their ordinary timeframe as well as for the children's catechumenate
- Provides and plans liturgies and prayer services for the religious education program
- Supervises and maintains accurate files, records of catechists, students and programs
- Provides proper resources for catechists with regard to instructional manuals
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in catechesis/religious education in order to be a resource for the staff, catechists, and the Evangelization and Faith Formation Commission
- Promotes the importance of parents as primary educators in the faith
- Provides opportunities for whole family catechesis and faith formation and informational programs for parents
- Encourages communication and dialogue with catechists, parents, and children
- Collaborates with the Coordinator of Youth Ministry to ensure a smooth transition from the religious education program to the Youth Ministry program
- Collaborates with the Coordinator of Youth Ministry to provide faith formation for teens
Evangelization and Faith Formation Commission Responsibilities
- Serves as the parish team liaison to the Commission, providing formation, resources, and direction
- Supervises the formulation, implementation and evaluation of goals and objectives set by the commission in responses to the focus areas as set by the parish pastoral council
- Encourages development of creative ways to implement these goals
- Advocates for the adult faith formation and evangelization effort, and works with the pastor, parish team, and other committees to provide adult faith formation opportunities to meet the varied needs of all adult parishioners
- Serves as a resource person in the area of adult learning for staff, chairpersons, presenters, and volunteers
- Coordinates the implementation of the RCIA process for the entire parish (children and adult)
- Collaborates in the facilitation, coordination, and evaluation of team formation for RCIA
- DRE Certificate of Level 3-4
- Well-acquainted with Church documents, Scripture, and resources
- Practicing Catholic who respects and upholds Catholic Church teaching
- Well-acquainted with current trends and developments in the area of faith formation and catechetics
- Committed to a life of prayer and personal ongoing faith formation
- Extensive experience in parish catechetical ministry
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and volunteers
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a letter of introduction and resume to:
Fr. Andrew Kowalczyk, CSMA
1401 Whittier Rd., Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230.
Attention: DRE Search Committee
Resumes will also be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org