Catechetical Leaders Tuition Assistance (ACE)
The Financial Aid Office of Sacred Heart Major Seminary authorizes tuition grants that are available through a portion of the Archdiocesan Endowment set aside for education (funds raised in the “Stewards for Tomorrow” campaign). These funds, which are allocated based on particular ministerial service in a parish or Catholic school within the Archdiocese of Detroit, are available for qualified lay students and are to be used for classes taken towards a diploma or degree program at Sacred Heart Major Seminary. Undergraduate students receive a percentage reduction in their tuition, at the rate designated for undergraduate level, Graduate students receive a percentage reduction in their tuition at the rate designated for graduate level. Please note that rates are subject to change.
WHO MAY APPLY?
- Applicants must be engaged in catechetical ministry. Examples: DREs, parish catechists, RCIA directors and team members, youth ministers, Catholic School Teachers of religion, high school campus ministers.
- Applicants must be engaged in this ministry during the semester when they take the class for which they are receiving this grant.
- The grants are available to anyone who qualifies and are not based on financial need, but are based on particular ministerial service.
To begin the process:
- Download and complete the form by clicking here: Tuition Assistance for Catechetical Leaders.
- The completed form with the appropriate term information must be signed by your pastor or DRE, verifying that you will be a catechetical minister during the semester when you receive tuition assistance.
The final step:
- Take the completed form to SHMS Financial Aid Office just preceding or at the beginning of each term, or fax to (313) 868-7025.
The student will be responsible for any tuition and fees not covered by the Tuition for Catechetical Leaders Award or other financial aid.
NOTE: IF A STUDENT WHO HAS RECEIVED TUITION ASSISTANCE WITHDRAWS FROM A CLASS, THE GRANT WILL BE REMOVED AND THE STUDENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FULL TUITION COST OF THE CLASS THAT HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN.